Monterey Place Alzheimer’s and Assisted living memory support in Columbia, Maryland
Monterey Place is a unique “neighborhood” of Residences at Vantage Point that focuses on Alzheimer’s disease and other memory impairment in special ways. The support is grounded in Heartfelt CONNECTIONS — A Memory Care Program® that is person-centered and grounded in the belief that the abilities that remain are far more important than what is lost.
Heartfelt Connections: A Memory Care Program
Each team member is trained in the innovative and proven Heartfelt Connections – A Memory Care Program ®. It is a comprehensive program based on the latest in memory care research and best practices.
Heartfelt Connections® is an individualized program that starts with getting to know each resident’s life story. It is focusing on their capabilities. In addition we develop a personalized plan that concentrates on their unique abilities , celebrating each small success.
Heartfelt Connections® promotes dignity as well as a sense of accomplishment in day-to-day activities. It supports improved self-worth, self-esteem, and overall health and well-being. This type of care reduces fear, anxiety, and frustration.
It’s an approach guided by these principles:
- We view aging as a natural process – life stories that are continued
- We believe what remains is far more important than what is lost
- We focus on each resident’s unique abilities
- We embrace and celebrate everything our residents do
- We create success stories, one small victory at a time
Monterey Place Amenities and Services
- Private apartment with a full bath
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including, for example, bathing, dressing and meals
- Nutritious chef-prepared meals
- Medication reminders and management
- Full complement of staff available 24/7
- On-site caregiver support groups
- Heartfelt Connections ® programs
Direct Entry to Monterey Place
In addition to serving residents who transition from independent living, Residences at Vantage Point offers a small number of residences available for direct entry into specialty Alzheimer’s care/assisted living memory support apartments. Direct entry into these apartments is available under a residency agreement that offers residents the same guaranteed access to our comprehensive nursing center under an “all-inclusive” monthly fee.
Monterey Place Assisted Living Memory Support apartments current entrance fee is $13,245 and is 90% Refundable. The All-Inclusive Monthly Fee is $8,444.00 per month for Life Care Agreement.